She secured First Rank in both BA.L, (Bangalore University, 1997) and LL.B., (Bangalore University, 1999) and is awarded with 5 Gold Medals in LL.B. She has completed her Ph.D., in “Medical Negligence” from Gulbarga University, 2012.
She has qualified UGC-NET for Lectureship and was awarded UGC-Junior Research Fellowship, in 2002. She taught for over 5 years from 2001 to 2006 at K.L.E. Society’s Law College, Bangalore and joined NLSIU in November 2006 and is currently working at NLSIU as the Associate Professor of Law.
Her subjects of interest include Criminal Laws, Cyber Laws & Cyber Forensics and Medical Laws. She has undertaken training on “Cyber forensic” including on hard disk analysis, mobile forensics, network forensics and live forensic from CDAC, Trivandrum in 2015 and 2016.
Currently she is the Co-ordinator of:
- Advanced Centre on Research, Development & Training in Cyber Law and Forensics and is heading the Centre’s Cyber Forensic Lab at NLSIU. As the Coordinator of the Center, she has designed and conducted various training programmes on cyber laws and cyber forensics, conducted various awareness programmes to the stakeholders of cyber laws and cyber security, undertaken policy based research works, etc. She has also coordinated a training programme for the officers of Srilankan Advocate General’s Office;
- Advanced Certified Course on Criminal laws to the Officers of CBI. As a part of the project she designed and conducted the “Advanced Certified Course on Cyber Crimes, Cyber Laws & Cyber Forensics” conducted for 196 officers of the CBI from February 2016 to March 2017. As the coordinator of this course, she has designed, developed and conducted the 10 days residential course on Cyber Crimes, Cyber Laws and Cyber Forensic to the officers of CBI;
- Consultation Project on “Corruption Laws” funded by CBI;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law and Cyber Forensics [PGD-CLCF], NLSIU.
She was selected for the “International Visitor Leadership Program [IVLP]” on "Linking Digital Policy to Cybercrime Law Enforcement”, US Consulate Office [Monday, February 06, 2017 - Friday, February 24, 2017], by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs' (ECA), U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C. As a part of the program she visited various officers of the State as well as private organizations and interacted with stakeholders working in the field of cyber laws and cyber security from the States of Washington DC., Boston - MA, Dallas – Texas and Denver – Colorado.
She was a fellow at the ASLI [Asian Law Institute], National University of Singapore Visiting - Research Fellowship Award, 2012. She visited Sorbonne University, Paris on 15 and 16 of December, 2016 for the 2 day Euro-Indian Research Seminar conducted by the Institut de Recherche Juridique de la, Sorbonne and presented a research paper on ““Cyber Laws of India with emphasis on Data Protection.”
She has delivered lecture on ‘Terrorism and India - Legal Framework and Human Rights concern" in the series of guest lectures on India Reader Course, School of Social Work, Loyola University, Chicago, US .
She has contributed to the State’s policies and practices as a member of:
- Member, Interoperable Criminal Justice System [ICJS] Review Meetings, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi, since 2016.
- Member, Expert Panel set to draft BIS’s National Standard on Data Privacy, since 2016
- Member, Faculty of Law, Bangalore University, since 2015.
- Expert Panel constituted by Ministry of Women and Child Welfare, State Government, Karnataka, to prepare the State’s Rules and Guidelines under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 and
- Working Group cum Expert Panel, constituted by United Nation’s South Asian Regional Office, on “Anti-Corruption - Legislation, Policy and Practices Review”, 2012.
She has the experience of working with various external committees and institutions including as:
- Member, Interoperable Criminal Justice System [ICJS] Review Meetings, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi, 2016 & 2017.
- Member, Faculty of Law, Bangalore University, since 2015.
- Member, Research Admission Committee, CMR University, January 2014 and 2015.
- Member, Academic Review Committee, Central University of Tamil Nadu [CUTN] in January 2013;
- Member, Board of Studies, Karnataka State Open University, Mysore from 2012 to 2015;
- Review Committee, Masters in Hospital Administration Syllabus, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Karnataka [2010-11];
- Board of Studies, Dr. Ambedkar Institution of Technology, Department of Humanities & Social Sciences and
- Board of Studies, School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore, since 2013 to 2016.
She has edited 4 books on Cyber laws and has authored chapters on Cyber Crime laws. She has published books, several articles and contributed chapters to various international and national books. Her research projects, “Patient’s Rights under Consumer Law”  and “Terrorism Laws of India”  are published by the Karnataka Institute for Law and Parliamentary Affairs [KILPAR], Government of Karnataka. She has reviewed 2 books for Oxford University Press and Cambridge University respectively. She is the Member, Editorial Review Board, CMR Journal of Innovation and Research, an internationally Peer Reviewed Journal. She has also contributed as author of 6 papers as well as reviewer of various papers to the UGC’s “E-Pathashala” Project, a Web Based Publication for Post-graduate students on the Module of Substantive Criminal Law in 2015-16 and on “Criminology” in 2016-17.
She has received Honorary Citizenship of Texas, Director Emeritus, Global North Texas, USA, 2017. She is
- Honorary Member, American Library, U.S. Consulate General, Chennai, India;
- Life Member, South Asian Society of Criminology and Victimology [SASCV], India;
- Life Member, Indian Society of Criminology, India;
- Member, All India Law Teachers Congress [AILTC], India.